Best Fishing Kayak Reviews 2017 with Ultimate buying guide
The best fishing kayak reviews with ultimate buying guide for all those, who loves fishing or paddling down over lakes and rivers. Like you know, kayak fishing and kayak touring is one of the existing outdoor sports for sports lovers.
This an ultimate experience of watching the water lives, the excitement of hunting and discover the beauty of Mother Nature. Both professional and casual fisherman use the fishing kayak for reach new waters and distant fish.
Also, it is easier than boat fishing. Also, it is less expensive, safe and exciting too.With time, manufacturers bring huge improvements in the structure, features, and compatibility of fishing kayaks. So now, they are more comfortable, stable, have huge storage space and included many advanced features than before.
What look into a Best Fishing Kayak?
Most of the kayaks are made for using a different type of activities. It is important to understand some characteristics of fishing kayak if you are new or haven’t any experience of buying
- Length vs. Width: When it comes to length vs. width, you should know batter that, wide kayaks are slower than the narrow kayak. However, wide kayaks have a higher degree of initial stability than the other one. Besides, the narrow kayak has a greater degree of secondary stability than the first kayak.
- Speed vs. stability: If you want a most stable kayak then, you should go for a high degree of initial stability fishing kayak. However, the high degree of initial stability demand a wide beam, so the speed is will automatically slow down. On the other hand, high degrees of secondary stability demand narrow beam. So the speed limit will high naturally.
- Kayak design: The wide kayaks are best suitable for fishing still waters. Whereas, narrow, fast kayaks are suitable for fishing rough or offshore waters. So it depends on your requirements to choose which design of kayak suits you most.
- Rigged vs. unrigged: The rigged version is the angler version where unrigged one is the stock version. Most of the beginners go for the rigged one but one you have spent some time with this one you may want to go with the unrigged version. After all, it allows your customization or anything you want.
- Motor vs. Paddle: You can use trolling motors for speed up your fishing kayak. However, paddles are best for kayaks. So if you need a motor, go for a boat.
- Price: If you want the cheapest one, then go for polyethylene sit-on-top and recreational kayaks. They are pretty good but not so durable like the composite kayaks. Composite kayaks are cost double than the plastic kayaks and better in quality. Besides, most advanced paddlers preferred composite kayak most.
Best Fishing Kayak Comparison:
Sevylor Coleman Colorado
19.2 x 11.6 x 30.1 inches
Lifetime 10 Foot Sport
19 x 36 x 120 inches
Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 Angler
18 x 28 x 160 inches
Sun Dolphin Journey 10-Foot
13 x 30 x 120 inches
Sun Dolphin Aruba SS 12-Foot
13.5 x 29.5 x 144 inches
Hobie Pro Angler 12 Dune
Pyranha Fusion L River Tour Kayak
Coleman Rio Canoe Hunt Fish
15 x 37 x 118.5 inches
Sea Eagle 370 Solo Pro
Cell 9 / 4
38 mil Polykrylar
Sea Eagle 330 Inflatable Kayak
10 x 19 x 34 inches
Bellow I write down 15 top rated Fishing kayak Reviews those make and help you collect lots of information. I am using most of the kayak and have good experience about it.
Coleman ColoradoTM 2-Person Fishing Kayak:
Are you often going out for fishing with your buddy or your partner? Then, Sevylor’s Colorado is great for your tow. Additionally, this kayak is constructed of 18-gauge PVC, 100D tarpaulin bottom, and 840D nylon cover gives you ultimate protection and usability.
More options are available with kayak like its quick set rod holders are easily adjustable for hands-free fishing. Alternatively, a trolling motor for fishing capabilities, etc. moreover, it strong construction will give you the assuredly of no leakage problem, with guaranty. More Reviews on this post.
- Strong build, large enough for two people.
- Easy to move/carry and have enough space for storage.
- D-rings are available for attaching any types of equipment.
- Allows secure paddling.
Lifetime 10 Foot Sports Fisher Tandem Kayak:
A perfect fishing kayak for up to 3 people to ride dry and high balances seating for fishing. The Lifetime Sports Fisher tandem kayak has unique tunnel hull design for perfect balance.
So you can stand up or sit on the boat without fear of turmoil while fishing. Moreover, the kayak has paddle clips and cradles to secure paddle when you are not using it. It specially designed for easy to transport, use and store.More reviews On this post.
- Strong and durable product.
- Suitable for three people seating with multiple footrest positions.
- Provides excellent stability and tracking.
- Lightweight and easy to carry.
- With huge storage, it includes double sided paddle clips, backrest, fishing pole/ cup holders, etc.
Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 Angler Fishing Kayak:
A unique fishing kayak which is specially designed for most stable fishing facilities. The Ocean kayak prowler 13 angler fishing kayak is one of the best anglers kayak available in the market.
This provides large bow hatch, an oversized tank and plenty amount place for storage. So, you are going to have enough space for storage cooler, crates, tackle boxes, scuba tanks, etc. Moreover, it gives you fast, stable and quite performances even in the rough water. More review on this post.
- Perfect for using both calm and rough glasses of water.
- Large front hatch and deck storage.
- Comfortable seat and huge storage place.
- Maximum weight and height support capacity.
- Includes- rod holders, storage bucket, cup holders, paddle keeps, etc.
Sun Dolphin Journey 10-Foot Sit-on-top Fishing Kayak:
The Sun Dolphin offers you most stable, large and comfortable seating you have ever experienced. This kayak is little different from others. Like, you will have an open cockpit for ease entry.
Also adjustable foot braces for any size of riders etc. This 6 feet kayak also have two flush mounted rod holders, shock cord deck rigging one swiveling holder for giving most flexible fishing experiences. Moreover its comfortable padded seat back definitely gives you a smooth experience on fisheries.More review and details are here.
- Large comfortable seat for one.
- Portable accessory carrier included.
- Adjustable foot braces for any size of riders.
- Mount and Swivel rod holders.
- Shock cord deck rigging.
Sun Dolphin Aruba SS 12-Foot Sit-in Kayak:
Another perfect fishing kayak for lakes or rivers. The Sun Dolphin Aruba SS is one of the most robust and long kayaks for stable fishing. Furthermore, this bright blue colored kayak is also perfect for fast and steady paddling.
It is very light in weight, easy to transport and comfortable. With this kayak, you will have large and comfy seating areas with protective thigh pads. This is a quality fishing kayak with every possible facilities.More review and details on this post.
- Offers maximum stability and comfort.
- Includes extra storage, fishing rod holders, retractable carrying handles, etc.
- In co-operate adjustable foot brace and protective thigh pads.
- Nice deign and color.
Sun Dolphin Aruba 10 Sit-in Kayak:
A perfect 10 feet kayak for any fisher or water enthusiast. The Sun Dolphin Aruba 10 is crafted of a tough polyethylene hull which gives you ultimate stability for rough waters. Moreover, it allows a comfortable and adjustable seat with high back support and foot braces.
These foot braces are adjustable and suitable for all size of riders. Like the other Sun Dolphin Kayak, it has easier portage and a convenient storage also a bottle holder in extension.
- Perfect for one rider.
- Adjustable padded seat and back support.
- Enough storage places.
- Made of high-density polyethylene.
- Included with carrying handle for transportation.
Old Town Canoes & Kayaks Vapor 10 Recreational Kayak:
The Old Town Canoes & Kayaks are ideal for the recreational paddler and casual fisherman. This well built and stylish looking kayak specially designed for comfort, stability, and ergonomics.
Like a big size contoured seat, roomy cockpit, and adjustable foot brace system for comfortable fishing. Moreover, it gives you the relaxation of sipping from the beer mug with paddling.
Because it has a cup holder in front of the kayak, so you do not have to bother to balance your mug between two legs. Read more Reviews
- Perfect for calm water fishing or recreations.
- Highly durable product
- Adjustable padded seat
- Thigh pads and adjustable foot brace system included.
- Smart design and looks.
Pelican Strike 100X Angler Kayak:
The Pelican Strike angler kayak is best of angler and sporty strike series. The kayak has enough capacity and storage space for storing your necessary things.
Moreover, it can offer you plenty of speed in both calm and rough water surfaces. Like others, this fishing kayak also has rod holders, dry storage, pad eyes and many more features for a great and comfortable fishing experience.
This is on of the clean and sleek designed fishing kayak for all. Check More review Details
- Adjustable padded backrest with seat cushion
- Three carrying handle.
- Very comfortable.
- Easy to carry and transport.
Sea Eagle SE370KP Inflatable Kayak:
The Sea Eagle Se370KP inflatable kayak will surprise you with its capacity and features. Like, three adult people can easily carry by the kayak with gears, but only one person can move it alone for transportation.
That means your going to have maximum weight capacity with most easy handling. Moreover, you can bring your dog out on the water with this kayak.
Don’t worry; its extra thick Polykrylar hull is strong enough to withstand your dogs’ claws or paws.
- Strong, lightweight and portable
- Included pressure gauge and repair kit.
- One way three deluxe valves.
- Stern and bow grab line.
- Great for better tracking and speed.
Sea Eagle 330 Inflatable Kayak:
This kayak is all about easy doing. Like easy to use, carry, inflate, maintain, deflate even afford also. The weight capacity of Sea Eagle 330 Inflatable kayak is same as the previous model of Sea Eagle (650 lbs).
However, still, 500 lbs is good enough for carry two people with gears. It includes a foot pump for fast inflating. This fishing kayak is best suited for whitewater (up to class III). Moreover, this kayak is also tough enough to withstand scratches.
- Strong and lightweight inflatable kayak
- Easy to carry.
- High frequency welded
- Enough storage.
Sea Eagle 370 Solo Pro 1 Person Inflatable Kayak Package:
The Sea Eagle 370 Solo Pro-1 inflatable fishing kayak is great for solo fishing or water riding. You will get enough room for people with keep a carrying bag and other things you need. Moreover, the double paddle kayak is easy to inflate too.
This kayak also comes with a carry bag, repair kit and A41 foot pump with the 12’6’’ long hull. It is perfect for the beginners or those who wants a lightweight kayak for solo riding.
- Perfect for one person.
- Easy inflatable
- East to transport
Coleman Rio Canoe Hunt Fish:
Sevylor brings an inflatable canoe with kayak line speed and performances. The Coleman Rio canoe is built for the slide into rough waters. This canoe like kayak is constructed with 18 gauges durable PVS construction with 420D nylon cover.
Also, it has elevated bucket seat, reinforced bottom, and directional strakes for the maximum steering control. Furthermore, it can bear up to 350lbs weight at once. This canoe comes with one year of service warranty.
- Suitable for solo fishing or hunting
- Durable PVC construction.
- Perfect for using rough water.
- Kayak like speed.
Pyranha Fusion L River Tour Kayak:
This Pyranha Fusion kayak is very fast, stable and easy to paddles any water. This fusion tour kayak featured with the popular flip top back rest. This back rest is easy to fold up and down with your preference. It gives you ultimate control while you are paddling.
Furthermore, it is very stable, easy to paddle and very fast in speed. You can enjoy both whitewater and tour with this kayak.
- Long durable.
- Perfect for calm or rough water.
- Stylish design and look.
- Comfortable backrest.
- Fast and stable.
Hobie Pro Angler 12 Dune 2014:
The Hobie Pro Angler is an all-in-all fishing kayak for all. It is a robust and stable kayak for ultimate speed. Also, it has a high back cool ride mesh seat to give you most comfortable feeling while boating or fishing.
However, the fact is, it is not adjustable. Moreover, the Hobie Pro Angler is easy to carry from your car to water and vice verse. Its two front and rear carrying handle made the job easier more.
- Powerful and stable.
- Easy to carry.
- Comfortable high back seat.
- Plenty of storage place.
Hobie Mirage Adventure Tandem Kayak 2012:
Hobie Mirage Adventure Tandem Kayak is a multifunctional kayak that can be used for various purposes. First of all, it is very comfortable. Is has two high back padded seat with inflatable lumbar support.
Also, you will get enough storage for keeping your gear, food or any supplies in its hatches. This two paddler’s inflatable kayak also has removable and retractable arms, two pieces of the paddle and double steering controls in front and rear cockpits, etc.
- Very fast in speed.
- Include a huge storage.
- Maximum weight capacity.
- Inflatable lumbar supportive seat.
- Mirage drives with turbo fins.
Best seller Fishing Kayak Under 500:
Some of under 500$ fishing kayak names are given below. Including,
- Sun Dolphin Aruba Sit-In Kayak.
- Sun Dolphin Journey Fishing Kayak.
- Sun Dolphin Bali SS 10-Foot Sit-on-top Kayak.
- Old Town Canoes & Kayaks Vapor 10 Recreational Kayak.
- Sea Eagle SE370K_P Inflatable Kayak.
- Sea Eagle 330 Inflatable Kayak.
- Coleman Rio Canoe Hunt Fish.
Best Fishing Kayak Under 1000$:
Some of under 1000$ fishing kayak names are given below. Including,
- Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 Angler Sit-On-Top Fishing Kayak.
- Coleman ColoradoTM 2-Person Fishing Kayak.
- Lifetime 10 Foot Sports Fisher Tandem Kayak.
- Pelican Strike 100X Angler Kayak.
- Pyranha Fusion L River Tour Kayak.
What should you look for in the Best Angler Kayak:
Before having the best angler kayak or your requirements have a look at these aspects.
- Stability– Stability is must when its matter of paddling and fishing, especially for the novice fishermen. So if the stability takes places top of your list, go for a wide kayak of initial stability. Others can go for a narrow kayak with secondary stability anyway.
- Speed– If you are a most advanced level of fisherman and want nothing but speed than narrow and small fishing kayak is fit the bill. This type of kayak is best suited for fishing in a bay, reservoir or open ocean.
- Maneuverability- This option, especially for those who are often, going narrow estuaries and small creeks for fishing. Maneuverability is available on shorter angler kayaks. This kayak seems slow but very maneuverable.
- Storage – For storing lots of gear and other stuff, you can go for the double hull fishing kayak for having lots of storage spaces.
Fishing in lakes, rivers, etc. are fun, and a perfect fishing kayak can enhance the experience even more. Imagine of silently paddling down a mirror smooth, the silent lake at down or blasting down a billowy river shore with spray flying everywhere.
Moreover, what about catching fishes? It is the great experience of catching fish all day long in a river and spends the evening of making fritters or barbecue for the campfire. Sounds fun, right. So, if you are new to buying a fishing kayak or want to upgrade your kayak then, this Recommended fishing kayak reviews with buying guide